Monday, March 3, 2008

Finally some progress!

Well, my husband is awesome. He spent the weekend getting the baby room cleared out. Up until this point it has been our workout room, and there was a lot of heavy equipment to move down to the garage. And he doesn't do anything without doing it well, so he first had to re-organzie the garage. This included painting one wall and getting a carpet to go in there under the gym stuff. Half the garage is now our gym, and honestly, it looks really good. He even put the TV and stereo down there, and left a nice space for my yoga mat (now I just have to actually DO yoga, and we'll be all set!) Anyway, the baby room is a blank slate now and ready to be painted and filled with baby stuff!

We also attended a baby shower for all the expecting mom's at my doctors office on Saturday. It was interesting....I'll leave it at that. :-) I was the big winner of the day and scored a $10 off coupon at Babies r Us, as well as a Diaper Genie and a pack of newborn diapers. Check that off the list of things to buy! I have been the ebay queen lately, looking for bargains online. I have only bought one thing thus far, but it was $60 cheaper brand new on ebay than in the stores- that works for me just fine.

And finally, just today, I am positive I feel this kid moving. It has been a long time coming, as until now I've only "thought" I felt something every now and then, and we have a lazy child. But today, I felt what really felt like "something moving inside me" and he was partying for quite a while. I think he's finally waking up.

That's all for me. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments: