Matthew is having a great time hanging out with Babci this week! We drove to Portland (about 3 hour drive) to get her from the airport on Saturday. We should have been home that evening, however the weather did not cooperate with our plans. The snow was coming down, and while it wasn't a huge accumulation of snow, the roads were an absolute mess. They were very, very slippery with ice layers, and since it was dark out, we decided to stop at a hotel and stay the night. According to my husband, the roads were much better the next day. We still had to go slow and carefully though.
It has been a huge help having my mom here this week! All the little things that don't get done, and getting done! First off, I was finally able to go to the dentist. This should be an easy task, but as we still have no babysitters here, it's not. I have 3 cavities. Boo! I will go back Monday, while my mom is still here, to get them filled. Next, I got to use my Christmas present, a spa gift card, to relax, relax, relax! I got a facial and oh boy- it was great! Loved every second of it! I have been getting extra cleaning and organizing done with mom here to help with Matthew. My next project is the pantry and kitchen area.
A few weeks ago, I started taking Matthew to "Baby Boogie" at the local library. It is literally the only thing for babies in this town, and I'm so glad I found it!! He loves it. It meets once a week, Wednesday mornings- we will be heading out in about 45 minutes for today's group. Matthew is mesmerized by the other babies and toddlers and just sits there in amazement watching everyone. He is the youngest, and of course, littlest one there, but it is going to be great for him. It's also helping me meet some new people and that has been a relief as well. I went to lunch with another girl and her 11 month old last week, and it was just nice to get out for something like that.
Mike and I hope to have a "date" night sometime while Mom is here. I don't think we even remember what those are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for getting things done and meeting new people! That's so great Lynn!
Post a Comment