Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby gates are there for a reason

Well, no, he's not always this happy to be on the other side of the gate, but nothing a little game of peek-a-boo can't fix. This is our gate that keeps Matthew out of the kitchen. We have done nothing to baby proof that room, so we figure it's best if he stays out.
But every now and then, when nothing else will work, I'll let him play in the kitchen while I'm busy, usually in his highchair. Today I had to put away groceries and I had a screaming, crying kid for pretty much the whole day. So, I admit it- I let him play in the kitchen on the floor (yikes- note to self *must mop kitchen floor* before I ever do that again). Since he's now a speed demon, I literally turned to put some stuff in the fridge, turned back, and this is where I found him:
(disclaimer: no baby was harmed in the taking of this picture. He didn't even put one single piece of dog food in his mouth. And while I should have promptly removed him from doggy dish, I had to snap a picture first.)

And below- what can I say? I suppose he's outgrown the whole "lay under the gym and talk to the little animals" phase. At least it's serving another purpose now.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I just Love him, He's so cute and such a fast learner!

Chrissie, TJ and Tyler said...

I love the dog food picture. That is priceless! How quickly they find something they shouldn't be into. What a cutie!