Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He entertains me.

Awww...sorry sweetie. Did mommy forget to tell you the puffs are supposed to go in your mouth??

No really. He has finally learned that he can feed himself some foods (yes, yes- it's hit or miss. Clearly.) Here's where you come in, my dear readers. I need ideas of easy finger foods for an 8 month old. Perferably ones that don't cause choking. He does the puffs and pieces of banana. I have no clue what else to give him. Yes, I really am that dense.
In other news:
Fooled you! It's a bit of an optical illusion. Well, I mean he really is standing up on his own. But he also really did plop back down on his bottom about 3 seconds after the picture was taken. (I think his record to date is about 10 seconds, but I also think that may have been a fluke.) But it's entertaining how much he loves this game. "one, two, three...let go!" When I let go of him and he attempts standing he just looks like the proudest baby on the planet. I'm quite sure he makes me laugh about a thousand times a day.

6 comments:

webbith said...

Lessee.... Small, really well-cooked pieces of pasta, canned pears, those weird little Gerber yogurt melts...

He's a cutie. I love that he's standing! What a big boy!

webbith said...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_finger-foods_105.bc

This is helpful as well.

Lynnipoo said...

Ooo, good article. Gave me some great ideas. Thanks for humoring my stupidity Abbey!

webbith said...

What - like you're magically supposed to know this stuff? Most of this baby crap is an utter mystery to me.

Miranda said...

Yay! Such a big boy! I haven't checked out the article though I'm sure it's good.

My dr. told me anything "tender" and small, so like string cheese, soft fruits, soft cooked veggies, small pieces of really tender meat! Lily loves to feed herself now and will barely let you feed her. :-)

bella said...

Brenna-Marie eats cheerios (or the organic variety at Whole Foods), Amy's Cheddar Bunnies (broken in half....she LOVES these) and recently the jumbo rice crispies. Danny is not so fond of these. He said they have a lot of ingredients. Oh what he's in for.... She also eats small bits of cheddar cheese and small bits of fruit. I tried the pasta. She looked at me like I was nuts.