First, some pictures. Then an update.
Matthew had so much fun with my parents, I know it is killing him that his playmates, cuddlers, walk-takers, spoilers are gone. But, he'll just be that much more excited the next time he sees them.
Here they are before we left to bring them back to the airport.
Ummm...somebody got used to napping while being cuddled on the glider. I'm sure both parties involved enjoyed that.
In his new PJ's. For some reason, despite these still being only size 12 months, he looks like a big boy to me in them. Sigh...baby no more. Crazy toddler days are here.
More playing in his favorite cabinet.
Bathtime.
What to tell you, what to tell you?
Great news- I signed Matthew up for another round of swim class since he enjoyed it so much the last two weeks. We went on Monday (it's a M-W-F class) and my little fish did not disappoint. He laughs, he squeals, he slips and falls completely underwater and comes up laughing. I told the teacher I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that he is so comfortable in water. I have to watch him like a hawk in there.
More good news- well, that's what I'm calling it. Mike's surgery is scheduled for Sept. 18 in Dallas Texas. After a lot of researching, mailing disks to doctors to get consults, he has decided on a doctor and the ball is rolling. He is flying out there next week for his official surgical consultation. This particular doctor has several options available to him, so hopefully they can come to a decision about what will be the *best* choice for him. Now we are in a whirlwind of planning. We will most likely have to stay there for a month or so. How to get there? Where to stay? Who will watch Matthew while he's in the hospital so I can be with him? What to do with the dog while we're gone? Decisions, decisions. Good thing is, we used to live there, so we have lots of friends to draw upon for help when we get there (ahem...right friends???) We're leaning towards driving, which I have a very hard time wrapping my brain around considering it will mean a toddler in a car for 20-something hours. That just spells disaster to me, but my mr. cup 1/2 full husband, insists it's fine. Oh, and on the way back there will also be a post-op man back there too. Perhaps they can whine back and forth to each other and Mommy can wear ear plugs?
We're just plugging right along with the summer. I can't believe it's already mid-August! We had some beautiful weather last week, but it's getting hot again. We got some park time in this morning, but after an hour or so we were melting a bit.
I suppose that's all for now. It's enough, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment