Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Farewell to a friend...

A few weeks ago, through tears and heart ache, we had to say goodbye to our wonderful friends, the Tuetkens.  I make it sound so morbid! Perhaps because it IS morbid to us.  We were so blessed and super psyched when we moved here (and Chrissie and I certainly did a lot of nudging to make the stars align and get the move to work out in the first place).  You may remember TJ (ahem, Reverend) is the one who married us.  We ended up having our boys just a few weeks apart, so it was even more exciting that they would get to play together and become buddies.

And become buddies they did!  Matthew loves "Ty Ty" and knows exactly where his house is (well...was).  I'd say it's the first friend he's had where he was actually "aware" and played "with" him, if that makes sense.

Anyway, they moved to Minnesota!! Hope they're enjoying the cold and snow! :-)  A great opportunity for their family, but we sure will miss them.

And ode to best buds:





 Oh man.  I even went back to my archives.  Look at how our boys have grown!
Their first Halloween, we were visiting Texas and they got to meet:


Looks to me like they knew they were going to be  great friends!


Almost a year later when we travelled to Texas for Mike's heart surgery:



Saying goodbye!!  We'll miss you guys!



1 comment:

Chrissie, TJ and Tyler said...

Awww..your post made me cry. We miss you guys too and I know Tyler is missing his best bud! I love all the pictures especially the ones when they were little.