Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our week

It started with hives.  A few of them.  The next day he was covered in them.  They came and went.  We're not sure if it was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic he was put on for a sinus infection, or if it was viral.  Either way it freaked.me.out in the middle of the grocery store when I looked down to see hives covering my child.  I stopped the cart and called the pediatricians office right there I was so distraught.  They were not concerned even a tiny bit and made me feel like a dumby.  Oh well.


Our week had lots of artwork.  Matthew kept wanting to take out the basket of art- he'd do play dough for a while; markers for a while; crayons for a while.  It was fun to watch how into it he was.


In preparation for our big trip (oh! Have I not mentioned yet? Matthew and I are flying to Philly on Wednesday to see my bff!!!! I am super pumped.  We are also going to Baltimore for the weekend.  Which will involve crab dip.  Just sayin'.)

Anyway, although he's getting older, a stroller is obviously still a good idea in the airport and various other adventures.  I am flying alone, so umbrella stroller it is.  Unfortunately our $12 umbrella stroller, well, sorta sucks.  So I researched and researched and found one I love.  LOVE.  It has high handles, the wheels glide instead of getting stuck every 5 feet, it has a small basket underneath for storage, it has a cup holder for moi, it reclines, has a large canopy AND it stands up on it's own when folded.  I am in love.  It is the Uppa Baby G-Luxe for those interested.  I bought a 2010 model, and with free shipping, I got it for a great deal.  Matthew also happens to love it.


Our week also included a few delicious meals.  This was one in the making. It is the filling for a vegetable and black bean enchilada casserole. What you see here is squash, red peppers, onion, spinach, and black beans. Can I get a YUM YUM??? 

I also made some beef enchiladas for the boys (I should say boy, since Matthew didn't touch either of them). It worked out perfectly, since I was making both, I was able to give half of each to our neighbors for their dinner.  They have a newborn and a toddler, and can always use a break from cooking.  Even after giving 1/2 away, we still had leftovers. Score!


Our weekend is started, and going to be a good one!  In an hour, Matthew and I are going swimming with my cousin and 2 of her kids.  Tonight is date night.  Tomorrow my cousins family is coming over for a cookout.  :-)

2 comments:

bella said...

How come I don't live next door to you? I have a newborn and a toddler...and lots of art supplies to share!

Lynnipoo said...

I'd love it if you did Kellye! I'd bring you dinners too :-)