Saturday, July 2, 2011

To Infinity...and Beyond!

Photobucket
Welcome to our Toy Story birthday extravaganza!!!

I took lots of pictures, sorry if it completely bogs down this post.  Just had to share all the fabulous things we did to create a very fun 3rd birthday party for Matthew.

Front door:
Photobucket

Coloring Station for the kids.  Toy Story coloring sheets- pics on the wall I got online and they are modeled to look like the drawings Andy makes in the movie.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I mean, I had to put a FEW of Matthew's teddy bear pics up!  Can't believe how he's grown!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Center piece.  Pretty much a box filled with toys, ala the first Toy Story movie when Andy is moving.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Oh yes.  We had army men zip lining down from upstairs.  Mike then placed army men strategically all over the house.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Some of my decorations.  Cut up bandannas, attached to black ribbon, put some Toy Story pics on it. Voila!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Every party needs some games!  As Woody says, "there's a snake in my boot!", we had the kids throw plastic snakes into the box.  Everyone got a prize (goody bag) after they played, regardless of how many snakes they got into the boot.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Pin the Sheriff badge on Woody.  Pretty self-explanatory.  (I did blindfold the kids- the concept was a bit lost on the age-group, but still fun!)  They got another price to put in the goody bag (toy story bubbles) after playing this one.
Photobucket

The cake!! Oh yes, I made this myself.  Oh yes, I'm quite proud.  The bottom is a made from scratch chocolate layered with chocolate icing in between; the top is a made from scratch yellow cake; butter cream icing.  Can't believe my vision worked AND it tasted delicious!
Photobucket

You'd think I'd have a better picture of the birthday boy, but with all those little ones running around, I'm lucky I got even one.  There are lots of him opening presents, playing games and such, but with lots of random kids  (and I try not to post pics of  kids we don't know too well)  so this is what you get.  A really close-up, non-smiley photo of my THREE year old.

What a fun party!! We're all tired and worn out (and have a block party to go to in a few hours!), but it was worth it.
Happy Birthday to my sweet, handsome, funny little man, Matthew. 
I love you to infinity and beyond!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

You did such an awesome job!!! Love it!

Mindy said...

Who knew! I have a party planner next door! Everything looks AMAZING=)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a rootin', tootin' good time! I love the army men on the zip line! You're so fun! Happy birthday to your sweet 3 year old! -susan

Emily said...

Everything was awesome!!! You're so creative! I might have to hire you for my girls parties next year!

bella said...

So cute! Love the army men on the zip lines. My favorite part of the movie!!

Nance228 said...

Soooooo cute Lynn! You did a great job and that cake looks wonderful!

JJoyner said...

WOW!! I bet in a million years you never thought that you'd spend all this time in college only to find out that you are a total domestic goddess! Mike and Matthew are two lucky men:)