Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hi Susan!

Oh boy do I have some blogging to do! I could give a thousand excuses, but none would truly be valid.  We can sum it up to one word: LAZY.  Luckily, my good friend Susan is never too shy to tell me "hey you. You with the blog.  You need to get ON it."  I told her since she's dedicated enough to still check it, I should be dedicated enough to oblige.  Plus, Matthew is gonna have a really boring blog book for this past year of his life.  Not to mention new baby. New baby has really gotten the shaft in the blog department.

So, since I truly have a million things to update on, I'll start with new baby.  Without going into too much detail of how I came to be knocked up, I will tell you that when I was finally released from my fertility doctor, they did a little "yay you've graduated" thing for me, gave me a gift bag and a bunch of hugs, and sent me on my merry way. The point of this story is to show you what was in the gift bag:

That's a tshirt.  A shirt I suppose they expected me to wear, and I assume is black with bright pink writing to really get some free advertising out there. Now listen, I have and will spread the word about this clinic and specifically my doctor over and over till I'm blue in the face, because in a few words, they rocked.  My doctor bent over backwards to make me feel like I was a person and not a statistic. He personally called me on the phone, after hours in the evening, on weekends.  When I had an extremely negative interaction with another doctor in his clinic and pretty much told him "hey, it's you and me now", he made sure he was the one available to see me.  I love him, really I do.  But I draw the line at wearing this tshirt.  It's just a bit much.  I don't mind telling my story, because as a woman who has suffered unimaginable pain of 2 miscarriages, as a woman then diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and then told I have a crappy egg supply left, well I know OTHER women need to hear it.  I will tell anyone who asks my story, you know, I've never been shy about it.  However, for some reason, I don't know...this shirt. I just, I can't.  I know they mean well, and there are plenty of excited women around town probably wearing them, but mine has been a night shirt/wear around the house shirt.

Anyway, so that's the story of the shirt I won't wear.  Also in the bag were directions on how to leave feedback/reviews for the public to read on various websites.  That part I did do. I have also sent a friend to my doctor and am praying daily that he can help her have a baby she so dearly wants.

As for pregnancy.  Well, apparently there's something to be said for getting a jacked up thyroid fixed before becoming pregnant again.  Oh sure, I can't say for sure that's what it is, but this pregnancy is night and day different from my pregnancy with Matthew.  I love you sweet boy, but dang you're pregnancy was HARD.  From day 1 it seemed there was always something going on, something to test for, something to be on the lookout for.  Do you know I go a whole month in between appointments with this one?? SO strange.  I had a whole heck of a lot more with my first.  Thus far, zero complications.  Oh sure, there's the normal aches and pains, and perhaps some abnormal aches and pains, I get tired so quickly, yet I can't for the life of me sleep much of the time.  But all NORMAL pregnancy crap.  I love it.  I have to say, I love it.  There is still the thyroid thing, and I get those labs checked to make sure all is well.  In January I will need to have my antibody levels checked, just to see where they're at.  If they're too high, it is ok, it just means we need to keep a close eye on baby and his growth.  And the dreaded gestational diabetes test is in a few weeks. Ugh.  I have resigned myself to the fact that I will likely have it again, but my OB tells me it's a 50/50.  We'll see.

 I will be 23 weeks along in 2 days.  Here is what I look like:





Other randoms:

We're not sure we'll ever have a name for this baby.  We like to refer to him as no-name K. Has a nice ring to it, no?

I am positive Matthew will be an amazing big brother, but I'm not positive he really gets what's going on here.  We may have one shocked little boy when he realizes the new baby in my belly is actually going to LIVE with us.

No-name K moves ALL.THE.TIME.  He is honestly always in motion.  I never tire of the feeling, really I don't, but come on.  Take a nap or something dude.

Despite my dreams of not having another c-section, I am 99% sure I am going to have another c-section.  I've come to terms with it and will hope and pray it is a LOT better than my last.

We just cleared out the furniture of the room that will be no-name's, can't wait to start decorating! I ordered fabric online and my mom (LOVE her) is sewing stuff for me.

I think that's about all I have for now.  I will be back and next time I have pictures.  Lots of picture. Of my cute, adorable, handsome kid. :-)

1 comment:

GirlyMomma said...

Hey! I check it, too! ;)
I can tell you, with certainty, c-section 2.0 will be a breeze. You will be so astounded at how easy it is you will cry tears of joy. No kidding.
You look fantastic and I'm so happy to see new baby Pork! I think Pork is a great name...
Love ya sister!
Kel