We stayed home for Christmas this year. And I'll be honest, I missed my family like crazy, wished I was there, or they were here....but, there is something to be said about having a quiet, peaceful day alone with my husband and son. We woke up, leisurely opened our gifts, had a late breakfast, played with toys, stayed in jammies ALL day (well, I changed clothes at about 3pm because I had taken a relaxing bath and didn't feel putting on the same jammies made sense), cooked and ate a delicious brisket for dinner, and just enjoyed. Enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed our last Christmas as a family of three.
Matthew just loves all of his fun new toys. His top favorites (based on how much he is playing with them over and over) have to be: his new kitchen, toy story garbage truck, a doctor kit, a fireman costume, and a rescue heroes helicopter (or something like that). My favorite gifts are a toss up! I got so many wonderfully awesome gifts. Probably my 2 top favorites are a new DSLR camera and a beautiful pair of earrings from my husband. I am so excited about the camera and spent a lot of the day playing around with it, figuring some things out, researching, and yes, already deciding I want to get a new lens for it.
Anyway, due to the new camera and being completely unable to stop playing with it (I'm like a kid with a new toy, really), I don't have all the pictures from the morning downloaded yet. Most of the unwrapping and what not happened with my old point and shoot and I haven't gone through those yet. The ones I have are from later in the day and today--some are great pics, some are "eh". I am slowly figuring out my preferences with the camera.
So here's what I got for ya:
Our beautiful tree
Playing with his new laptop
Playing doctor, though you can't see his little "doctor badge" and patient chart he's pretending to write in.
Watching one of his new movies, The Lion King.
I have no idea why this is posting sideways. And it's too late for me to figure it out. But it's a pic of my non-alcoholic sparkling wine, that was actually quite delicious!
Just being silly.
My pretty new earrings.
I'm gonna miss having Christmas lights in my living room.
Belly shot.
Adventures in cooking.
Thirsty.
So, we had a fabulous day. Did you? I hope so!
Merry Christmas!











2 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! Love your earrings!
Love it! You are teaching Matthew to be a great husband and dad one day. I know because I have a husband who cooks! :)
Post a Comment