I guess I haven't updated on baby in a while, so I was once again gently nudged to do so. Partly this is awesome that I haven't. I mean, hell, most of the posts at this point with Matthew were all negative nelly...let me tell you one more terrible thing that is happening right now. This time around, pregnancy? A piece of cake. Well, not really, but no crazy complications (so far, knock on wood). I am definitely a late 30-year older carrying a child--which means, dammit my body aches. My back hurts, my other parts hurt, I'm tired. But, nope, nothing horrific happening over here.
I had my sugar drink test last week for the gestational diabetes check. No word back yet on that. Wouldn't that be sweet if I didn't have that this time around?!? Oh how I would be loving life. And ice cream.
Anyway, here's me at 28 weeks. In ALL my glory:
Here's me after my haircut. I'm taking the lazy, let the hair go curly approach lately.
As for the name. We don't have one. Still. Our plan right now is, we finally got to 3 names we agree on. We will meet this little man in the hospital and decide which one he is. For now, we just call him "what's-his-name".
Nursery update. Oh my favorite part!
My husband is so awesome and finished painting the nursery.
I then turned crazy pregnant woman on him and decided we MUST get the furniture in there. Really we must. So, he did what any awesome, loving husband would do...he moved the furniture in there. I received the best box in the world this week--the box of all the stuff my mom sewed for the room! So exciting!! I love it all. We haven't gotten much done yet- but here's the crib with the bedding in it:
As for decor, here are a few of the things for the walls:
I have ideas in my head, we'll see how well they get executed.
I am 90% sure I'm going to buy this lovely:
The plan is for Mike to wire it into a light and hang it in the corner by the dresser (which is where the changing pad will be).
I *think* I want to hang a giant mirror over the dresser and either pant it bright yellow or aqua. Not sure yet though.
Susan. Thoughts? Ideas?
And finally.....the biggest news ever.....
March 21st. 7am. Baby boy Keenan will make his appearance.
Holy crap I am so excited to meet him!!!




1 comment:
It looks great! It's really starting to come together!
Post a Comment