Welcome to sweet baby what's-his-name's room! I feel like I've been slowly working on this room forever, it's nice to have it finally finished. All we're waiting for now is the tiny little occupant to arrive!
Here's the view of the room from the door:
Just to the right as you enter into the room, is this sweet wall hanging. I bought it on etsy--I just couldn't resist! The quote is just so sweet (made me cry) and the colors are exactly right for the room. The little birds actually look like they could be made from the same yellow fabric we used in the room.
Wall art above the crib. My friend has an etsy shop (Polished Designs), where she designs various things (wall hangings, invitations) and then you buy the file and print yourself. A totally affordable way to get some unique art on the walls. I bought the files, printed them myself, matted and framed--voila! I love them.
Another one of her designs. She does custom work, so I just basically told her that I wanted this song and what my color scheme was and she designed a few choices for me. Again, I printed, matted, and framed myself.
I'm not gonna lie. I am especially proud of this mobile. I was determined to decorate this nursery on a budget--I just don't see the point of spending tons of money (nor do I have tons of money!). I saw an adorable bird mobile on etsy, but to my shock, it cost $80! Yikes. So, off I went to the craft store. The top is an embroidery ring that I painted with craft paint. I used felt and embroidery thread to sew the little birds, stuff them, and them attached with fishing line. Total cost to make= roughly $5.
Oh do I love having an extremely talented mom! I ordered all the fabrics online (fabrics.com), then had custom bedding/decor made by her. What a deal! Here's the crib--she made the crib skirt, fitted sheet and quilt. She actually made 3 different fitted sheets in 3 different fabrics.
My little comfy spot. First off, it's likely a lot of people will think that's a big chair for a small space- I'm ok with that. I wanted a chair that was a reasonable price and super comfortable. We did look at more traditional gliders, but man, are they expensive! And in my opinion, not as comfortable as this rocking, swiveling, recliner that we picked up at Sam's Club of all places.
The pillow and curtain valence are other fabulous creations my mom sewed. We plan to hang some type of black out curtain on the window at some point (they really helped Matthew with daytime napping as he got older).
Another part of the room decor I am oh so proud of! First off, the fabulous book slings. Mom made them and we found some nice double curtain rods on clearance at Lowe's. All they need is some books in them!
The tree was a project I worked on. Again, I found several tree wall decals on etsy that I loved, but at $70 and up, I couldn't go there. I had Mike bring a projector home from work, we connected the laptop up to it and I projected a tree I liked onto the wall. Traced it with a pencil, then painted. Took me a while and I won't lie, my back was killing me from being on my feet for so long, but it was totally worth it because the tree really completes the room. Total cost of this project was roughly $20 or so.
Yet another fun project. I bought this bird cage looking thing at Hobby Lobby (with a 40% off coupon, thank you very much). I had visions of what I wanted to do with it, but my husband really outdid himself on this one, so he gets all the credit. I just told him "I want it to hang and have a light". He did that and added a dimmer switch. I'm telling you, it puts out the softest yellow lighting that can be quite dim and is going to be perfection for middle of the night diaper changes/feedings.
My mom made the changing pad cover (2 of them) out of a super soft minky fabric I had ordered. The basket liner is another project she made using the yellow fabric from elsewhere in the room.
I wasn't crazy about this mirror at first, but once other things got put together in the room, I like it so much better. It wasn't exactly the mirror I was envisioning for above there, but it was cheap ($14), so I went with it.
This picture would be even better at night, but I did what I could with closing the blinds and turning out all the lights.
I am absolutely in love with this room! I love the colors, love the style, everything. Proof you can create an amazing space without tons of money!
3 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It looks amazing, straight out of a magazine! I may copy a few ideas when we redo the girls room! Done with the green room, we have two girls it's going to look that way!
BEAUTIFUL! Very impressed!
You are amazing and the room is beautiful!! Great Job Lynn!!!
Post a Comment