Saturday, September 15, 2012

Summer vacation



In August we embarked on a fabulous family vacation.  We headed to the Outer Banks, NC for some family and beach time fun!  My aunt and uncle were celebrating their 50th anniversary, and we happened to have enough Southwest airline points to get us all there for free, so we decided to join in the fun.  The Outer Banks is one of my all time favorite places to be, so I was just as excited as can be for this trip.  I've been telling Mike since we met how much I love it there, yet we'd never been together yet. 






 The trip was off to a great start! Got to the airport in time, security lines weren't too bad, boys were fabulous on the flight.  Things went downhill from there though.  Our flight was supposed to land in Tampa, then we had a connection to Norfolk, VA.  Storms got in our way and our flight landed in Orlando instead. We were unable to get a connection to Norfolk that day, and had to get a hotel for the night. 
Silver lining!
My brother and his family live in Orlando, so we were able to have an impromptu get together with them! YAY! We were excited to get to see them and have them meet Caleb.  Perfect. 





So we got there a day late, but just in time to celebrate with this beautiful couple:

The weather didn't cooperate too much, but we managed a little bit of beach time.






Nothing better then a beach snooze.



Sometimes those waves just sneak up on you.



We got lots of good time with my mom and dad.  Caleb appreciated all the snuggles.






 Matthew and Caleb had so much fun playing with cousins Lauren and Lyndsey 

 


My Aunt Vi, cousin Melissa and her daughter Amelia came down to visit for a day.  It was so great seeing them!! They FINALLY got to meet Matthew and Caleb.  Amelia fit right in playing with Matthew, Lauren and Lyndsey.





One morning the kids enjoyed playing at the little Outer Banks Children's Museum.  Matthew got to be a doctor, a scuba diver and play with all sorts of other toys.  He really enjoyed it.







We went to Jockey's Ridge sand dunes one evening.  Matthew thought it was pretty fun climbing up the big sand dune and running back down.  Caleb looks pretty happy to be there too.

Though I looked over and he was flipping every one off.  It was too funny not to snap a picture.







The funniest part of the evening was when Matthew decided he wanted to walk in the water at the bottom of the dunes.  I sort of thought he meant walk along the edge of the water, so I said ok.  Imagine my surprise when I look over and he's walking right in the middle of it.  NO ONE was in the water, everyone else did the smart thing and walked around the edges of it.

Next thing I know he's jumping right in.  Oh my did we get some looks.  I'm sure they were thinking we were parents of the year right there.

When one is wet, then has to walk in the sand back to the car, one ends up covered in sand.


Cute boys.

Clowning around at Auntie Fran's house

Play time

We thought teething, though it's been almost a month and nothing yet.

Sweet boy on the flight home.

We had such a great trip!! I love family vacations.

No comments: