So interesting to think about the twists and turns a persons life can take them. I mean, I grew up in small town CT and didn't leave until I was 18. After that, it was a free for all. I guess I had a lot to explore and definitely think my life was a little sheltered. Now, 14 years later...I've lived in 5 states. I've gotten 2 degrees. I've worked in MANY different jobs. Do you know I know people who have always lived in the same place? Sometimes I envy them. The closeness they feel to the family and friends who live around them. And sometimes I am sad for them. There is so much out there! So much to do, and see, and learn. Despite the challenges some of these places put on me (I am here to tell you, even in this day and age, it is NOT easy living in the "deep" South of Alabama, and be a born and bred "yankee girl". Literally the name calling started the very first day I pulled up to the apartment with my CT plates- but that's another story all in itself!), I learned something from each move. I formed friendships that have lasted through the moves, and I've formed friendships that only lasted while I was there. All the bumps and bruises along the way, got me to where I am today.
Today I am 32. I am happily married, in a beautiful home in California. I work hard, I love with my whole heart, I hurt when people do me wrong, and I celebrate life. I am not anything like I thought I would be had you asked me, oh, 5 years ago. Five years ago, I was having fun. I was "playing" a lot and wondering if perhaps I was just one of those people meant to stay single. I convinced myself that it would be ok to be single, but that doesn't mean I didn't keep looking. I met my husband on match. com (a fact that some people still find odd, but which I find perfect!) We dated a little over 2 years before our wedding in May. I love him with all my heart. We have that kind of love that I used to thing was impossible. The older I got, the more unlikely it seemed that I would actually meet that person who could sweep me off of my feet. But I did, and I am so lucky. Our adventures together are going to be exciting!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment