I had my ob appointment yesterday, and it went pretty well. He did an ultrasound and we (Mike was with me) saw a little white blob with a heart beat in it! We even got to hear the heart beating- it was so cool. It was a very strong, good rate of 171 bpm. And they did the measuring to get the "official" due date- July 10! They changed it because if there is any dicrepancy between the estimated due date and the ultrasound, they apparently always go with the ultrasound date. So, I'm now 8 weeks pregnant, which is great because I missed a whole week somewhere in there- he he. He also put me on some medicine for a cold or upper respiratory infection that I have that keeps me coughing all the time. Hopefully that will clear up quickly. Lastly, I am going to see a fetal & maternal medicine specialist on Monday morning. No biggie, I think. I didn't get much information about the referral because the brilliant doctors office didn't give it to me while I was there- they called me a little while later to tell me to make the appointment. Anyway, it's basically because of my chronic hypertension and some family history stuff. I anticipate that it'll be an uneventful appointment, but I suppose it'll be good to already be established as a patient there if I need to go later. The doctor just wants to really watch my blood pressure closely, and is being very careful because of the possibility of preclampsia in pregnancy. I'm not worrying- that just increases the blood pressure :-)
On a side note, Mike left yesterday after the appointment to fly to his sisters house in Arkansas. He will drive with her to Florida because his dad is in the hospital. He had a heart attack this week and they are still doing tests to know what they will do next. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lynn! I'm sorry to hear about Mike's Dad. I hope he is doing better now. I'm so excited to read about everything with your pregnancy. I just can't believe you are having a baby!!
It has been over a week...where is my update??? :)
Love you, Lynnipoo!
Post a Comment