Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NINE MONTHS OLD?!?!

NO WAY! Our little guy is 9 months old today! I just cannot believe how the time is flying by. He is getting so big, and is just a bundle of fun. He is so fast with his crawling. Even today at baby group, everyone kept commenting on how fast he is. And he pretty much doesn't sit still. We have not been very good at reading books to him because we try and fail. One page into the book and he is out of there. Except for one: "Mr. Brown can Moo! Can You?" LOVES that book.
What else does he love? Standing! His new game is letting go of whatever he's holding onto and standing by himself. He is so happy when he does it. He was not happy today when he fell and busted up his upper lip on his bottom teeth. There was blood. There was purple. It was not pretty. But he got over it quickly.
Matthew is finally starting to grow out of his 6 month clothes! Well, he still wears a lot of them, but there are some 9 month ones that are starting to fit him too! He really is growing!
He loves to eat. Pretty much anything. I don't even know that I could give a favorite. He just loves food.
He loves his daddy so much!! I love to watch him zoom over to Mike when he gets home from work. He is all smiles and wants Mike to pick him up. Then anytime Mike leaves the room, Matthew follows him. He'll wait outside the door while Mike changes out of his work clothes or goes to the bathroom. Cute, cute stuff seeing how much he loves his daddy!
He likes to play, but mostly likes for you to play with him. Or at least be in the vacinity. It's hard to get anything done, because he usually lets me know very loudly where I'm supposed to be (ahem...right next to him singing and playing).
He's currently on some sort of napping strike. I think he's just too busy trying to figure out the standing on his own to take the time to nap. It gets old though. It's only been a few days...let's hope tomorrow we get back to napping.
All in all, Matthew is one perfect little wonder boy! A perfect little NINE month old wonder boy!
My God, I love this kid.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

YAY! Happy 9 Months Mathew!