Matthew has this book.
Last night we're sitting together looking at the book. I hold it open to these pages:
I say "Mommy. Where's Mommy? Find Mommy."
Matthew picks up his precious little pointer finger, points to mommy and says "mama".
I swear on all that is good and holy this happened. I almost burst into tears, but instead swept him up and gave him a gigantic hug.
Then daddy walks into the room. I tell him. It is written ALL over his face that he does not at all believe this happened.
So, I show the pages again. "Daddy. Where's Daddy? Matthew, show me Daddy."
He picks up his precious little finger and points to daddy.
Hooray! Maybe now he'll believe.
Except. Once more to really show off.
"Mommy. Where's Mommy?"
He picks up his precious little finger and points to Daddy.
Two out of three is not bad.
I REFUSE to believe this was a coincidence. He's just learning.
I also swear that just 10 minutes ago I finally got him to wave hi.
Really. True story.
No comments:
Post a Comment