Monday, February 8, 2010

One foot two foot, red foot blue foot

These are the kinds of things that happen to me.  I have no luck when it comes to health and wellness apparently.  I battled a rather painful foot problem for just under a year.  Plantar fasciitis.  Not fun--I had it in both feet and thus had multiple shots to my feet, stretching exercises at home and finally, physical therapy.  Annoying to say the least.  The only cardio I could do was the bike and, well, we don't have one, so you can imagine the exercise that was done--none!  Well, my feet finally heal up this fall and I'm completely pain free for the first time since October 2008!  I start doing more activity.  All is well.  Then, December rolls around and I fully implement a great workout plan--Matthew's naptime sends me to the treadmill or the workout videos! It was so great--I lost weight and I felt great.  Then, one day I'm out walking with a friend and I start having this excrutiating pain on the TOP of my foot.  After 2 weeks of shooting pain anytime I put weight on my foot, I was back to the foot doctor.  This time, stress fracture.  Lovely.  Even more lovely is the clunky boot I have to wear for 3 weeks.  Good news is, my foot barely hurts when I walk with the boot on.  But, no exercise until it's healed and then I'm supposed to take it slow so I don't re-injure it.  This, my friends, is not fair.

In fabulous news----Matthew and I leave for Florida tomorrow morning! We have lots of fun things planned, and my friends arrive Saturday.  I am super excited about our little getaway.  Not super excited about the flight, but I am armed with all kinds of activities and snacks to hopefully keep the kid busy. 

I will be the girl hobbling around Disney in a boot.  Fabulous.

No comments: