Monday, March 8, 2010

And life continues...

I mean, when you're looking for a house and living in a hotel, life better go on, right?

As I sit here, Matthew is carrying his plate of graham crackers from the coffee table, to the couch, back to the table. He is so cute and actually being so delicate for a change.  I love watching him.  Just ask my mom--I am so amused by him, it's probably pretty strange.

Earlier today, Matthew let me cuddle-bug him for naptime.  He is very structured in his naps, in that he pretty much only sleeps in his bed (unless in the car).  It is very rare that cuddles are involved.  With all the crazy of the week before, he's missed naps almost every day, so today I tried to get back to some normalcy (well, normal for hotel living anyway), and came back to the room for nap.  Only he didn't want to lay down--so strange for him.  So, I scooped him up and cuddled him in the bed and we napped together.  Perhaps a bit selfish since I haven't been sleeping well since last week (I told you that empty sac would haunt me).  With Matthew curled up next to me, I drank in the peaceful look on his face as he slept and just lay there remembering how blessed I am.  He is an awesome kid, and oh how lucky I am to be his mom!

In other news--we found a house! It is a new construction home in the same neighborhood my cousin and our good friends TJ and Chrissie, live.  We signed the contract and hope to close in early April.  I love the house and am so excited to get moved in and start our life here.  True it got started on the wrong foot, but I know we are going to love life here!  Just take this weekend for example--my aunt and uncle were visiting and we had lunch together with my cousins family.  Later we signed the house contract, and then went to dinner with our friends.  In the evening, Mike went to guys poker night.

So this week, Mike is working and Matthew and I are hanging out.  I'm trying to find things to do everyday, to keep from being too bored.  Today we walked around the mall and went to lunch together. 

Thanks to everyone who emailed, called, texted or left a message on here. I have the best family and friends, truly I do.  I am thankful for each and every single one of you.