Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall fun!

Although in the short time I've been away from Texas, I forgot Fall isn't really Fall.  I'm still in shorts and don't see any pretty fall foliage reminiscent of my New England falls.  But there are still pumpkins on people's doorsteps and football games galore, so I suppose it's true, Fall is here!

This weekend we had the amazing opportunity to drive up to Dallas and spend the weekend with friends.  Matthew was truly confused because the friends we were staying with are actually our friends who live here, less then a mile from us (we were actually at her mom's house).  We had a lovely weekend, and while it's no secret that the Cowboys aren't cutting it this season, win or lose, there's no room to complain when attending a game at the awesome new stadium! It's massive, impressive, and full of life and fun.  I may not be the worlds biggest football fan, but I do enjoy watching, and it's just so much better LIVE.  Sure, sure- it's always better when the home team wins, but quite honestly, I had a blast either way!

We were also able to meet up with some friends at a local pumpkin patch- the kids had a great time playing and enjoying all the pumpkins, hay rides, train ride, and bounce houses.  We may only average a get together with the kids once a year or so, but it's so fun when we do!

Pictures to come- I think. We'll see if the camera worked, it's been giving me grief lately.

Happy football, all things pumpkin, pretty leaves and cooler weather season! (unless you're in Texas, in which case only about half of that applies!)

No comments: