Well, that whole radioactive iodine thing sure was nothing compared to all the thoughts, research, prayers, advice seeking I put into that decision. Went this morning, signed a form acknowledging the treatment (I am an active radiation source right now. Some might find that cool.), swallowed a pill and went on my merry way.
I'm only 5 hours in and I'm already missing my boy. My monkey, snugglenuggle, pumpkin pie, handsome man, little boy. I know he is having a blast with daddy though. He's probably going to hate me when he gets back because I'm sure Daddy will let him eat out for lunch and dinner and not push anything remotely healthy (who am I kidding? Matthew refuses anything healthy anyway).
Just baked some quite tasty, yet healthy-ish, cookies- whole wheat banana (and applesauce since Mike took the bananas with him and I only had 1/2 left) flax cookies. With chocolate chips. Pretty good if you ask me.
I also rented THREE girly no brain movies from Redbox this morning, so that should pass some time.
At some point I have plans to clean the house, but come on, it's Day 1 and I have a whole week of this. Not doing that just yet.
Shouldn't be many side-effects- so far the only ones are a little bit of a sore throat and some exacerbation of my heart symptoms (beating really fast and lots of skipped beats). Luckily I have the beta-blockers still to help that until my thyroid is calmed down some.
I haven't forgotten about disney pictures- just haven't gotten to it yet. Shouldn't be a problem- I've got nothing but time.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment