Since we moved back to Texas and are able to go to a fancy mega-gym here, I've noticed all the ladies who workout with their hair all done up and full make-up on. You know, pretty much they look more put together than I do on a day when I'm actually trying to look put together. Anyway, I will accept that a small percentage of them may look that way because they came from work or somewhere else that they were looking nice for. However, since I am a stay-at-home-mom, and thus, I go to the gym pretty much mid-morning, most of the other women there are obviously either stay-at-home-mom's or work a different kind of schedule (I say obviously because that child care center is FULL in the morning). I just cannot understand the whole hair and makeup thing. Am I missing something?? I honestly think the worse I look after a workout, the better my workout must have been! But some of them, I mean, they have their hair styled and perfect. And then...they don't even pull it up in a pony or get it out of their face or whatever. Huh? How is that even comfortable? I have fairly short hair and I think I would be ready to kill myself if I had that crap hanging on my neck while I'm trying to exercise. I must be missing something.
The exceptions I've found are spin class and Sunday mornings. If they dare start a spin class in full-makeup and hair done, there's no way they'll leave said spin class looking that way. And Sunday at the gym, I looked around and realized there were more women looking like me (no makeup, hair pulled back, shorts and a tank/tshirt rather than the perfect matchy-matchy skin tight clothes). It must be a Sunday morning phenomonon- they dragged their ass out of bed on Sunday to go to the gym, they sure as hell aren't there for a fashion show!
Yesterday I had a doctors appointment downtown, thus, I actually put on makeup. I went to the gym afterwards because I couldn't get it together enough in the AM to go.
Even with makeup....this is how I look leaving the gym:
Yesterday I had a doctors appointment downtown, thus, I actually put on makeup. I went to the gym afterwards because I couldn't get it together enough in the AM to go.
Even with makeup....this is how I look leaving the gym:
Hey. I'm there to sweat. I'm there to impress myself. I sure as hell am not there to impress anyone else!
That said....ladies. Do what ya gotta do. If holding a perfect hairstyle and full makeup while trying to workout without breaking *too* much of a sweat makes you feel better, by all means, have at it. At least you're there.
That said....ladies. Do what ya gotta do. If holding a perfect hairstyle and full makeup while trying to workout without breaking *too* much of a sweat makes you feel better, by all means, have at it. At least you're there.
2 comments:
Looks good to me!
Ok...have to admit I used to be one if this women. That was a long time ago and waaaay before 2 children. You look great, by the way!
Post a Comment