Thursday, April 12, 2012

The rest of the hospital stay...

Mostly uneventful.  We were in the hospital until Saturday (March 24).  I had some rough days, but Caleb did just fabulous the entire time.  Day 2 I was in extreme amounts of pain. They got me unhooked from the IV, catheter and pain pump and switched to oral pain meds--they actually helped more than the pain pump.  Day 3 was absolutely miserable.  I was hit with the worst nausea of my life for most of the day.  I tried zofran, but ultimately I ended up having to take something stronger (phenegren).  I was avoiding that medicine because they told me it would knock me out, and I knew I had to be coherent to take care of the baby, but I couldn't handle another moment of it and finally caved that afternoon.  And then I slept off and on the rest of the day and night- pretty much just waking up to feed Caleb.  Ugh- what a disaster of a day!  I was told I could stay until Sunday if I wanted, but opted to leave Saturday.  I was up, showered, and ready to go by 9am.  Unfortunately, the OB on call did not get that memo and left us sitting around waiting the entire day- we didn't get discharged until after 6pm. We were annoyed, but so ready to get home.  I missed my Matthew SO much and just wanted to get home to him.

Pictures from days 2-4....

 Hearing test...
 My 3 guys. That's a whole lot of my heart in one chair.
 shhh...quiet down.






How can you not love this sweet face? My heart melts.








Finally going home!



Our family of 4!!


No comments: