Every now and then I get the urge to change things up. I've been wanting to move the playroom upstairs pretty much since we moved in, but I didn't achieve this until recently. I think most people thought since we were moving it up, that we'd finally make the formal dining room and formal dining room. Nope. We would literally never use a formal dining room. We're not formal people. Plus we have too much other junk.
Here's what's been done so far:
Old Playroom:
New office/lego room
Maybe not ideal to still have toys in here, but with a little one, and another on the way, I just can't have those little pieces up in the playroom. Matthew plays games on the computer and uses the lego's, thus he has named this "Matthew's office".
Old living room:
New living room:
I don't have a picture of the old upstairs bonus room right now, but it was awful. It was set up like a theater/man cave room and just too small for the furniture that was in it.
The new playroom upstairs:
Still working on this one. I have to hang some things on the walls. Also there is a desk with built in shelves above it at the back of this room that currently houses a bunch of junk, so I need to sort through it all and get everything in it's place. My favorite is the closet in the corner (not pictured--the door in this picture is the attic), because I was able to organize and lock up all the art supplies and games. The big TV was a compromise in here that I agreed to when I convinced Mike to remove the theater stuff. We also have a Wii and karaoke machine set up with it, so it should provide entertainment for Matthew at least.
My worry was that the boys wouldn't want to be upstairs, but so far, it is working out well. My living room still has baby toys in the cabinet, but all the playroom toys don't end up wondering all over the house- only all over the upstairs. It's been a pretty smooth transition!

2 comments:
It looks really nice, Lynn!
This looks really nice, Lynn!
Post a Comment