Sometimes I think someone has to pinch me. This is really happening right now, isn't it? For some reason I feel like I need the reassurance from the doctor that the blood test did in fact show that I'm preganant. And after that, I'll probably need to see a heartbeat. And after that, I'll probably need to see something else. First time pregnancy is just a whole lot of emotions!
Feeling ok right now. I've had a lot of cramping since Saturday, very uncomfortable. But apparently it's probably just my uterus stretching and growing (what?!? MY uterus is stretching and growing?!?)
PART 2.....
Since I left this and am just now coming back to it more updates! Went back to the OB today. Everything looks good. He didn't have all the lab results back- but my beta HCG (pregnancy) was 808 last week, which is a very good number. They drew blood today and tomorrow I should find out the new number. Basically they check that to make sure the pregnancy is progressing normally. He did an internal ultrasound to make sure everything's in the right place (i.e. in the uterus...duh!). It is. There is a small round black speck, um, I mean circle that is the amniotic sac and a yolk sac inside that with the smallest little speck of something near that too (he says this is the cells of the embryo, butI don't see a darn thing!) My next appointment is in 2 weeks and they will do another ultrasound to get exact due date and all that. Might even see a heartbeat at that time, but it would be pretty early. Oh, and he says the cramping is probably normal since it's not accompanied by anything else, so that's a big PHEW.
Good news is my blood pressure continues to be fine with no meds, so for now I will not take anything and I keep a log with my BP's twice a day. (for those who didn't already know, I've had high blood pressure since I was about 22).
That's my update for now. We are starting to tell people because keeping to ourselves is just too much to handle!
Love to all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment