Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 1 down

Pregnant lady still intact.

We left our beautiful home in CA yesterday to begin our treck to Oregon. We are splitting the drive into 3 days, since I get pretty uncomfortable in the car for a long time. My beautiful little baby boy decided "hey, I think it would be a terrific idea to sit on mommy's sciatica nerve for a while", and oh boy...the pain! It's been like this since last wednesday, and it pretty much means I can barely lift my left leg and I have to hobble along like a 90 year old woman. However- the ride was pretty ok yesterday. My wonderful husband set up all kinds of cozy seats in the SUV for me to choose from and I spent most of the ride in the back where I could recline the seat and stretch my legs more (ok, AND amuse myself with a movie!) We are now in San Fransico at a beautiful hotel right on the water. We have a view of Alcatrez and the Golden Gate bridge. It's a very nice hotel, and I was surprised that they even allow dogs. Speaking of dogs...Boss has been excellent as well. She was so good last night in the hotel and on the drive.

Today we drive some more, probably another 6 hours or so. Tomorrow we will make it to our final destination- Pasco, WA. We are staying there because there weren't any hotels in Hermiston (where we're moving) that allowed big dogs. I think it'll be fine, since there's more to do around there anyway and I'll be stuck in a hotel until the end of May! :-)

Better go get ready to sit in the car some more!
xoxo

No comments: