Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I guess I should be excited....

Matthew has completed one whole week of sleeping through the night! And by sleeping through the night- I mean sleeping 10-12 hours without waking. I am NOT bragging, as I know bragging would just mean tonight he'll wake up 3 or 4 times...I'm simply stating a fact to let everyone know this wonderful news. Now I just have to manage not to get up at night to make sure he's still breathing, and I too will have plenty of rest!

Our boy has recently just decided "hey. I think I love to sleep." He is also sleeping a lot during the day. We saw the pedi today for a weight check (up one pound!) because he stopped eating as often and when getting breast milk in a bottle he only eats 2-3 ounces and she said he looks good. He may be going through a growth spurt (I thought they ate more?!) , in which case some babies sleep more. Or he may just feel a lot better from the Zantac working. Also, she said some breastfed babies don't drink as much from the bottle and that many can empty the breast in 5 minutes and be perfectly satisfied. Whatever the case, she said he'll eventually start being more awake during the day (and for now, get my sleep at night while this lasts! It could change again at any moment.)

Matthew's neck/head control is getting stronger. There is a lot less floppy head going on. He hates tummy time, and will only do about a minute, sometimes 2, at a time. But he's lifting his head up when he lays there and he roll himself over onto his back sometimes. He is smiling more and laughing some too. All in all, he's pretty darn good. And very darn cute.

No comments: