Well, usually he gets the sleepy eyes after the swaddle is on. Last night, he just smiled and smiled at me. I think it's because he was so happy I was home to swaddle him correctly (read story below...)
By myself. No baby, no husband, no dog. And not to a dr's appointment. Oh happy day!
I truth, I've gotten out twice myself-last Saturday to go shopping and Thursday night to play Bunco. On Saturday, when I left the house, Matthew was sleeping in his swing. When I arrived home some 3 hours later, Matthew was sleeping in his swing. Yup. Daddy's first adventure in babysitting was a piece of cake. The boy slept the whole time and then woke up starving about 10 minutes after I got home. Mike thought babysitting was SO easy. Oh, just you wait. The fun is yet to come.
On Thursday I went with a lady from my neighborhood to a fundraiser for a women's organization- it was bunco night! It was my first time playing this game. It was pretty fun. There's not much to it, you basically just roll dice fast. I guess. And there's really no skill involved. I did however win the prize of "the most losses of the night". Yes indeed- I won 2 tickets to next years rodeo. Oh boy.
The funniest part of the evening was when I got home though. Matthew apparently gave daddy a run for his money by crying the first hour I was gone and refusing the bottle. He then gave in a drank...then cried some more. Finally daddy gave him a bath, which always calms him down. Apparently when he tried putting him to bed Matthew was again not having the bottle (probably not hungry since he ate the last one so late). Daddy's instructions were to "swaddle him tight." This is how he falls asleep and stays asleep. Well, Mommy comes home and Matthew's still making whining noises in the room. So, I walk in there.....his arms are free and flailing...the swaddle is tangled up around his legs from kicking....and he flashes me the hugest grin I've ever seen from him as if to say "Thank God you're home!" It was sweet and I laughed myself to sleep thinking about him laying there all a mess with that grin. These are the moments I live for.
Friday I had two ladies over for lunch- I made some yummy food! Mmmm...it was nice to have people to cook for and to have visitors. Matthew fell asleep on my neighbor, it was cute. Tomorrow my parents arrive from Connecticut and I'm so EXCITED!! I'm looking forward to the visit and can't wait for my dad to finally see and hold his grandson!! It will be a great week.
4 comments:
There is really nothing better, to me, than a gummy-smiling burrito baby! Loved the pictures and the story.
Glad you are making some friends...very essential in the stay-at-home mommy world. Don't make TOO good of friends, though, because I expect you back here in TX before the boy graduates high school! See, I've given you plenty of time to execute a plan.
OK, so I'm a little sad...I really miss you after that entry!
luv,
Kel
(ps - Tell Marc and Pat I said HI! We talked about Miss Pat a couple of nights ago, when Madison again asked me to tell her the story of her beloved "star blankie" that is still in her bed with her every night!)
Oh don't you worry Kelley...I have no intention of being here forever :-)
We are still figuring things out for the TX trip, but when I know more, I'll let you know...we just may stay with you, if you don't mind us being in and out to do all our visiting! I'll keep you posted, and thanks for the offer! Love you!
Hey there! Your Matthew is gorgeous! I'm glad you guys are doing well! I was just reading your blog for the 1st time in awhile & had no idea you had such a hard time healing:(. I have just started going back on the nest some...my Matthew keeps me on my toes:) Take care!
~Mel
Sounds good...of course you can stay the whole time, and you can be in and out as you need to be...call me, though. I only have one potential problem...we have some work people coming here for the race nov 1 (sat), and they will be here until the 3rd (mon). I wasn't sure if the "end of october" included any of Nov...so I thought I better let you know! Hope it works out where you can stay here the whole time, though!
MISS YOU GUYS!
Kel
Post a Comment