Matthew now weighs 12 pounds 9 ounces (this is between the 10th and 25th percentile) and is 24 1/2 inches long (25th percentile- yay! he's getting taller). The pediatrician says he's looking great and has no concerns. She is keeping him on the Zantac for now, but we'll probably try taking him off after his 6 month appointment.
Matthew is a good little sleeper. In general, he will sleep 10-12 hours at night. There are always nights that are different (ahem...like after shots), but it seems travelling didn't mess him up too much. His naps are another story. I still can't figure them out.
He is now interested in reaching for and grabbing toys! The big turn around with this- a stuffed candy corn that talks that a friend gave to him for Halloween (thanks Linda!). He loves this toy. I mean, he smiles as soon as we squeeze its belly to talk and then he grabs it and shoves it in his mouth. I sign of true interest. He is now playing with other toys at home as well. He is starting to like his little floor gym and kicks and swats at the toys. He missed his swing a LOT while we were gone. He laughs! I mean, there is nothing in this world cuter than a little baby laugh. I would stand on my head all day long if it meant he would keep laughing. Sometimes the laughs are random and I try to get him to do it again and fail. Other times he laughs at the way I say something or if I tickle him. Oh he's so sweet and cute. While we were in Texas he started taking to his paci a bit more. Just when the books say we should be weaning him from it, our boy shows an interest. He hasn't taken it very much at home though, so perhaps it's a travelling buddy. He is still in love with his burp clothes and cuddles them to his face and chews on them.
That's Matthew at 4 months in a nutshell. Yup. Still madly in love with this boy.
That's Matthew at 4 months in a nutshell. Yup. Still madly in love with this boy.
P.S. Yesterday marked the day, one year ago, that I thought I was coming down with the flu and ended up peeing on 5 sticks. All said the same thing: pregnant. Shock and disbelief, led to excitement, led to a very long 9 months....led to here. We cannot imagine our life any other way now. I am so lucky to have this family of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment