Sunday, April 5, 2009

The best

This. Right now. I've decided thus far, THIS age that Matthew is right now, is my favorite. He is so much fun right now, and really starting to figure things out. His little personality is coming out more, and I love watching him play. Yesterday he was playing in the living room, and I sat on the couch just watching. He crawled around the room finding each musical toy and pushing the buttons. One toy after another, until there was a chorus of songs filling the house. He has this little snail toy that sings the ABC's (one of his absolute favorite songs!). It's so cute because he knows exactly which button to push to get the song and just goes right to it and pushes it. His dancing is so funny. He has a "sitting" dance and a "standing" dance, and both involve him shaky his little booty. The standing up has gotten out of control. He can do it from as low down as simply using my shoe to stand himself up. He loves, loves, loves letting go and seeing how excited we get to see him standing by himself. The waving thing is adorable, only I'm not quite sure he understands that he's waving. I think now he just does it because I get all proud and excited. Crawl, crawl, crawl...he follows me all around the house and watches everything. I love how when I say "give kisses", he leans in with his mouth open wide to give a sloppy wet one.

I don't know, there's really a thousand things but all that's running through my head right now as I sit here are his beaming smile and infectious laugh. It kills me everytime. I feel like I cannot put into words (or perhaps I'm not eloquent enough) just how I love and adore him. I can't squeeze him or kiss him enough. I wish everyone could spend just 5 minutes with him and feel the joy he brings. But give him back, he's mine.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I agree, it seems they just keep getting better and better.