Sunday, April 26, 2009

Friendship, baby and wine!

My good friend Rose flew in last week from Philly for a visit. Mommy is so happy to have a friend in town--I've been needing some good quality bonding time with an old friend! Matthew became instant friends with Rose and I'm quite sure he's going to miss her when she leaves on Wednesday!

Matthew giving Rose some quality snuggle time.
Happy to have a new friend! (if you clicky on this one you can see his newest tooth on the top! He's up to 3 now!)
Mommy and Rose enjoying some quality time at the nearby wineries. Daddy and Matthew were the DD's and played outside while we did some wine tasting. This is outside our first stop, K Vintners winery. We stopped to try the Kung Fu Girl riesling. It was yum, but I much preferred their Rose wine. This winery had 7 wines for tasting, so we weren't even sure we needed to go any further!

But.....we did go further. We met a nice limo driver who gave us the scoop on where to go. This was a cute little collection of 5 wineries right next to each other. We went to 4 of them for tastings. Our fav of the day by far was Trio Vintners. The wine maker (or whatever the "professional" term for this is) was so helpful. Bonus that they had a delicious riesling and rose. Yum.

Rose showing off the goods. We bought 4 bottles from Trio Vintners!


The guy at the last stop told us there are over 100 wineries in the area (we were in Walla Walla, WA). Rose and I visited 5 of them, so I figure I have my work cut out for me. I think next time we'll need to find a sitter and rent the limo driver!

3 comments:

bella said...

Glad you're doing some research before we show up in June!

Lynnipoo said...

I actually was thinking that...Brenna Marie will be with you right? I was thinking "hmmm...how will we do this with both babies here??" Where there's a will, there's a way.

Erika said...

I love the pic of the 4 of you - with you and Rose holding wine bottles. Too funny.

We're planning to hit up the NY wine festival with Stacy, Dan and THREE babies this summer. As long as babies don't outnumber the parents I think it will totally work :)