Thursday, April 16, 2009

Friendship is good for the soul

Ah...I had the best time tonight. Mike is out of town for work, so it's been a long week of just me and Matthew. Today was a miserable day with my child- lots of crying, fussing, needing, wanting- you get the picture. Matthew is in that stage where I can't possibly leave his sight for a millisecond, because, well, the world might fall apart in that millisecond.

My saving grace- my two friends here came over for dinner with their little boys. Good food, good playmates for Matthew, and more importantly, it was like an energizing battery re-charge for me. We laughed a LOT and shared mommy war stories. It's great to have people who just "get it". You don't have to explain why your ready to pull your hair out or why you're in tears, they've been there. They know what it's like.

I am thankful for all my friends in my life, and just so happy to have met some (finally!) here who I really click with. And, Mike gets home tomorrow!!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those kinds of friends are important...the kind that won't make you feel worse b/c you are totally annoyed with life! I'm glad you found some there.
I MISS YOU!!
;)
kel