Apparently that's how I like it. I want a haircut..I want it rightnow. I want ice cream...I want it now. I want to know what's going on with Mike's medical stuff...I want to know now.
Only- oops. That's not how it works. It sure is slow going getting things figured out. What I do know: Monday he goes to the hospital for an angiogram and another Echo. As long as nothing emergent comes of that, we meet with a surgeon in Spokane at the end of August to go over things. We are also sending his tests and records to a doctor in Dallas. He specializes in a specific procedure that we want to see if Mike would qualify for, and if he does, at least it's in a place where we know quite a few people. Hopefully he will have surgery, of some kind, in some place, sometime in September.
Ok. Enough of that.
Matthew! Crazy wild man Matthew. Let me tell you- he is ALL boy. He likes to rough play, screech, throw things and generally drive his mama crazy. This week two things were discovered: he can reach a pitch when screaming I never thought possible. When he doesn't get his way, he will bust out this ear piercing scream and pretend he's crying, only he's not really crying, he just wants attention. Then if you ignore him, he will eventually get so angry that the real tears come. But sorry--no, you're not allowed to bite mommy on the leg because you're mad.
Ok, so the second thing I learned. Unless the child is literally strapped to you, he's going to get into something. It is virtually impossible to keep my eyeballs glued to him--trying to give him a little independence at least. But multitasking, does not work so well for me. As I was talking on the home phone to my mom this week, while emptying the dishwasher, Matthew had my cell phone and thought it would be fun to put it in the dogs water bowl. Fun? Nope. Screech? Yup.
This (nap time) is the only quiet part of my day. It is blissful and quiet and, well, perfect. I love nap time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment