Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No pictures!

I know, I know- it's way more fun when you get to see cute pics of the kid, but he's far too busy these days to catch it all on camera. I'm currently sitting in the living room afraid to move a muscle, lest said muscle (or arm jiggle...whichever) wake up the child. I love it when he sleeps in, but I have to tiptoe around the joint to keep it that way.

Not too much going on. Matthew is such a busy, clingy little guy. I am struggling with keeping him busy these days. It's HOT outside and can only be tolerated in small doses. We take full advantage of the spray park some days, but I'm sure he doesn't want that every day. My game plan of the week is finding him/us something to do in the morning- preferably out of the house. It's seems to help with naps, and I can usually get about 2 hours out of him in the afternoon (a big step for my previous catnapper!) This morning will be "baby boogie" at the library. He usually enjoys himself there.

Afternoons have been different every day- I am still going to physical therapy 3 times a week for my darn foot problem. Some days I think it's helping, other days I'm not so sure. Today is one of the not so sure days. Last week I thought it was helping so I took a long walk with Matthew on Monday morning, and been paying for it since. I don't even want to think about how much money has gone towards this annoyance (new shoes, orthotics, night splint, therapy, anti-inflammatory meds). I am ready to be done. Anyway, the girl across the street watches Matthew while I'm at my appointments, and he seems to love playing with her! She's really quiet with me, but she must be playful with him because he is always playing happily when I get home. Is it sad that I actually ENJOY going to physical therapy, if only for the break from being mommy that it gives me??

Tomorrow I'm going to accompany my dear sweet husband to HIS doctors appointment. (insert obvious requests for good thoughts and prayers here). He is followed closely by a cardiologist for a heart issue he was born with. We always knew at some point he'd need a valve replaced, and at the last appointment they said that time was soon (he reported "this year sometime"). I expect I will learn more by hearing first hand what the doctor says and not the watered down version that he gives me. Hopefully not much, or anything, has changed from 4 months ago.

Back to Matthew- silly boy! Last night I went out in the backyard to hang some laundry on the clothesline. He follows me outside and starts splashing in his pool. Next thing I know, he's just crawling right into the kiddie pool, throwing a ball and dumping water in his container. Another reason to watch him like a hawk--he is drawn to all things water! I figure he's going to be an Olympic swimmer, a scuba diver, or a lifeguard one day.

All in all- Mommy's tired and Matthew's wired. Such is our life.

No comments: