Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Picture post!

WEE!!!!!

In honor of getting our camera back from being fixed, I have some new pictures for all to enjoy! (and by the way, props to Panasonic customer service- the camera was back to us in about a weeks time).
My cutie:

My very active boy pretty much denies cuddles on most occasions. Oh boy was Babci happy when he actually fell asleep on her lap while she was visiting!

Boys will be boys. Daddy and Matthew have fun playing after Daddy gets home from work.

Another shot of Matthew and his toys in the playroom, er, I mean living room.

Planning for world domination. Or at least planning how he'll get the fixed camera from my hands and break it again.
Having fun at the park.

My friend Kathy had her sweet baby girl while I was in Florida. Lizzy is an absolute doll and we are quite sure will grow up to be tough surrounded by all these boys. Here Matthew and Keegan check her out- she was all the rage at the playground.
His cheesy grin.

Just looking cute, enjoying naked baby time and letting me take a picture of him in one of his new dipes.

Matthew keeps me so busy! Most days I feel like I'm chasing a tornado- he's all over the place and leaves a path of destruction wherever he goes.

He's had some horrific changes in napping patterns (well, ok, there was never a pattern, but there were at least naps). He napped yesterday, and he's napping right now, so I'm hoping we're getting our nap groove back.

We have switched almost all over to using the cloth diapers. I say almost because Mike hasn't quite gotten the hang of them, so if he does bedtime while I'm at water aerobics, he uses disposable. There is a definite learning curve, but overall, I am so happy with the switch! It's all part of my thrifty (read: cheap) self and I know we will save money. The key is buying what you need and not getting too caught up in buying too many because they're cute. We started with a trial program from here. You pay x amount of $ for a bunch of new diapers, you have 21 days to try them out and find what you like, then you either return them or keep them, or some combo of the two. If you return them all, you are reimbursed all but $10 (rental fee), or you return what you want and only get reimbursed for the ones you keep. I have been able to figure out what I like and don't like this way. After ordering what I like and I'm pretty sure having a good enough stash to only do laundry every 2-3 days, they will be paid for in about 4 months. Meaning, in 4 months we won't be paying to diaper him (expensive when you factor in diapers, wipes, and diaper genie refills). Obviously when/if we add another baby to the mix the savings will go up. And obviously I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew is getting that little boy look....