Here's the thing. On May 26, 2007 my heart and soul were completely full with love for my husband as I married him in front of our friends and family. What a romantic, fun and wonderful day. A beginning. Then on July 1, 2008, my heart nearly exploded when my son Matthew was born. Suddenly, we're a family of three. I love my boys fully and completely.
You can understand the dilemma I've been in the past few days. There have been a few moments were my heart seemed to be breaking. When I'm with Mike, I feel guilty for deserting Matthew. When I'm with Matthew, all I can think of is Mike. It's been a balancing act, with me somewhere in the middle just trying to keep it level.
I realize all I can really do is try my best. Be thankful for the sweet friend taking care of my baby and thankful for the most awesome hospital staff caring for my husband.
And look forward to having my family of three back in one place together. (which by the way, is very likely going to be tomorrow or Tuesday!) :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment