We are home!! After ONE month away! It feels so great to finally be here, I can't even describe it. Boss was not as excited as we thought she would be (guess the neighbors took REALLY good care of her), but I'm sure she's at least a little glad we're back. Right?
I thought I was going to update the whole road trip, but obviously that didn't happen. We didn't have much internet access while we were traveling. I have a lot of pictures to post soon, just have to go through them all first.
To recap the road trip---
day 1- left Texas, arrived New Mexico
day 2- drove to Flagstaff, Arizona
day 3- visited the Grand Canyon and then on to Vegas.
day 4- in Vegas (at a spectacular penthouse suite in the Bellagio--thanks to hotels.com we got this for a steal. Like, only paid the taxes so it was about $40 a night. I have pictures of this gorgeous room).
day 5- drove to Salt Lake City, Utah. Stayed at a very gorgeous place up in Park City. We loved it so much we decided to stay another day.
day 6- in Park City. We toured the 2002 Olympic site and went on a beautiful ride around the area.
day 7- left Utah. Arrived HOME in Oregon around 7:30PM.
All in all, a great trip. I am a complete klutz and I fell while at the Grand Canyon and sprained my ankle pretty bad. Luckily that's all that happened. I had Matthew in the backpack carrier, so it could have been worse. By the end of the ride to Vegas, my ankle was swollen up and I could barely walk on it.
Also since I'm a complete klutz, that night when I got up to go to the bathroom in the dark hotel room, I stubbed my toe on the other foot and am pretty sure I broke it. But maybe not. All I know is the entire toe turned 3 shades of purple and swelled up and well...it was very interesting walking around Vegas with a sprained ankle and broken toe. On different feet. It's an entertaining limp to watch I'm sure.
Thankfully, both felt much better and I was able to enjoy some very light hiking in Utah. Beautiful.
As we got ready to leave Park City, Matthew had a little ouchy moment. He stuck his thumb in the part of the door where the hinges are while Mike was closing the bathroom door. We heard a very loud crushing sound and man was it awful. Neither one of us will ever forget that horrific sound. His thumb was all kinds of deformed and we took him across the street to a medical center for xrays. We were thankful, yet surprised, to find his thumb was NOT broken. Apparently something about a lot of cartilage and rubbery bones at that age. It's swollen still and a little purple, but not bothering him at all.
So, several injuries later....over 2000 miles later....7 states later....we are home. :-) Pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment