We had a quiet, yet wonderful, Thanksgiving at home. Although I may have gone into it a bit sad to have no other family around us, it really was perfect. We just hung out as a family all day, watched football (Go Cowboys!), played, cooked (well, just me). We had way too much food, because, quite honestly, it's really difficult to make all the good parts of a Thanksgiving meal for only 3 people (one of them being a toddler).
Matthew LOVED the food. His favorites, by far, were the stuffing and cranberry sauce (ironically, the two items that I "cheated" on by using canned and prepackaged). He also ate up quite a bit of turkey, which actually surprised me. I made a delicious broccoli casserole that he seemed to like the first bit, and then the second bite he gagged and spit it out. Must not have had any brocolli in the first bite.
(enjoying his meal)
After being stripped of his cranberry covered clothes, he played and played the night away. He was so tired at bedtime, he just laid down on the living room floor with his lovey and almost fell asleep. Took seconds for him to fall asleep.
What a great day! I am so thankful for this little family of mine. My guys are the light of my life for sure.




1 comment:
It looks like Matthew had a wonderfully delicious Thanksgiving!
Love, Matante
Post a Comment