Hopefully you can guess that a 16-month-old
Last week Matthew had his 15-month-appointment (although really he was a day over 16 months, but who's counting?) All went well. Matthew is finally up to 10th percentile for weight!! No more hovering at 7th, he's a whopping 10th. Weight= 22 lbs. Heigh= 30.5" Not bad...keep up the good growing my dear.
The pediatrician wasn't too concerned about his lack of talking. Let me be more specific- he talks. A lot. Jabbers all day long. Only problem is no one, except for him, has any clue what he's saying. He has said a few words, I would swear my life on it, but they come out once or twice and then we don't hear them again. She gave me the low-down on how many words they are "supposed" to have at age 2 and if he's still way behind, we'll address it then. I'm not really thinking too much about it, and the last few days he is quite obviously trying to repeat words back to me. Car sounds like "ca". Water sounds like wa. Cracker sounds like "ccc". We're working on it. We read a LOT of books, so I figure one of these days he's just going to explode and I'm going to want to shout "zip it kid".
Matthew continues to be a fairly good eater. It is sometimes frustrating because one day he'll love something and then the next time I serve it he acts like I put last weeks trash on his plate. Oh well- for the most part he's eating healthy foods in decent quantities. For sure, if it was up to him, he could live off of homemade mac and cheese, banana, cheese of any kind, mandarin oranges, and scrambled eggs (with cheese, of course).
Most exciting thing happening--babci is coming to visit!! My mom called the other day and had found a really good deal on a flight out here and decided to just do it. I am excited! As the holidays get near, and we face another Thanksgiving and Christmas away from all our family because we're so far away from everyone, I always get sad about not being able to have that for Matthew. Some of my best memories as a kid are the big holiday get togethers when all the family is together. I loved it. I know we will make solid memories for him, it just makes me sad that he isn't a part of something like that. In any case, it makes me all the more excited to get to see Mom now. I'm thinking a pre-thanksgiving dinner is in order!
Matthew is having his surgery next Tuesday in Portland (for his undescended testicle). Should be a quick, easy fix, but of course it's always a bit nerve-racking when it's your child getting put to sleep and cut on. Yuck. It'll be fantastic to have it done and over with for sure.
Time for this mama to get lunch and a shower. Nap time really is the best time of day, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment