Matthew has taken to putting things into the toilet. Not pee pee or poo poo of course, but things. A bib, a few clean diapers, loads and loads of toilet paper. And he's sneaky. And quick. He can go from quietly playing with his choo choo's to our bathroom, item in the toilet, lid closed, toilet flushed, bathroom door closed and back to the trains in 2.2 seconds flat. One must be on guard at all times. Bathroom doors should be shut at all times. And even still, it happens.
So. Yesterday afternoon, we had just gotten home. I was in the kitchen rinsing out Matthew's milk cup. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him run in the direction of our bedroom (and thus, our bathroom). Before I could even turn the water off in the sink and start running after him, I hear a flush and then Matthew comes around the corner with that look of guilt. It really is the funniest little look. Like "I did something wasn't supposed to, and I know it, but Mommy, look how cute I am!"
I go into the bathroom and unlike the other times, there's nothing in the toilet. Whatever it was went down. I will probably never know what the poor item was that was lost to the plumbing at the sticky hands of my little toddler.
Anyway, I get down on my hands and knees to confront the guilty. Look Matthew in the eye, "Matthew. What did you flush in the potty? Please tell Mommy what you put into the potty."
Matthew: "arblah mama yanablah blah"
Me: "Matthew. Tell Mommy what you put in the potty. Remember, Mommy said only pee pee and poo poo in the potty. What did you flush?"
Matthew: "adaba gaba blah blah"
Me: "Come buddy. What did you put in the potty?"
Matthew: *bats eyelashes and leans in gives me a kiss and puts his head on my shoulder hugging me*
Me: Laughing a lot.
Ok. You win.
No comments:
Post a Comment