Friday, August 20, 2010

Bad blogger :-(

I feel so bad about my lack of blogging lately.  I have a really good account of Matthew's first year, but the blogging really fell short after that, didn't it? 

All I can say is, my baby isn't a baby anymore. Not by a long shot.  It's like one day, all of a sudden, I looked down at him and realized he is a little boy.  A running (and falling), climbing, dancing, singing, sort of talking, little boy.  Right now he's dancing all around the living room to the number 7 song on Sesame Street.

Some of his favorites right now are swimming, Disney Cars (movie, books, toys, anything), trains, trains and trains.  He still loves his gaga (lovey) beyond belief. He has the most amazing reaction when Daddy comes home from work- a mixture of amazement and bewilderment.  He's talking more--still a lot of gibberish, but there are some words we understand for sure.  Some of my favorites:
Lightening McQueen- "yaya- key"
Trains- "choo choo"
Frog- "fok" (sound it out...it's funny. Incidently, fork sounds quite similar)
milk- "wok"

  When he calls out Mommy clear as day, my heart melts just a little.  He tells the dog "boss! no yay down".  When he talks to Babci on the phone he says "hi. ok bye."  Shortest conversation ever.  I can't wait to hear what else Matthew has to say--it's so fun as his vocabulary increases.  I even love his little nonsense conversations.

Hopefully pictures will be coming soon! I haven't taken very many this summer, but there must be a few on that camera.

No comments: