Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preschool!

Matthew had his first day of preschool yesterday!  Wish I could say I got a great first day picture, but he wasn't cooperating, so I got these instead:


Matthew hasn't yet told me about his first day, but I think it went ok.  His teacher said he did pretty well, although he did cry off and on throughout the day. (I wouldn't have expected any different.  Can you imagine going to school for the very first time, not knowing what it is, or how long you're stuck there? Scary stuff!)  I'm thankful he made it through the first day.  Ok, ok, really I'm thankful *I* made it through the first day.  It probably helped that I had a doctors appointment downtown--I was busy and didn't have time to miss him.
Too much.  He did not nap, which also didn't surprise me.  He still sleeps in a crib, with his white noise rain machine on. I really outta break him of that sometime--but he just sleeps so well with it! As soon as he hears it he starts yawning.  His teacher says "he's just so quiet with a little tiny voice". Huh?  Who's kid is she talking about? Matthew, quiet? Oh, and he was also slightly ticked off at me the rest of the day.  Wanted nothing to do with me, only daddy.  I guess he remembered I was the one who left him and ruined his perfect little routine of Mommy and me days.  Not to worry little man- there are still 5 days of the week you get to be with me still!  Anyway, got some art work in his take home folder--yay! I love seeing the little pictures he makes. 

Matthew, I love you so much! I'm so happy you have this opportunity to play with other kids and do fun things like music, art and everything else!  You are going to learn so much this year.  I just can't wait until you can tell me all about it.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

YAY for Matthews first day of school! He'll get used to it and LOVE it I'm sure!