Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baking fun!

Anyone who knows me, probably knows I love to cook and bake! Today I decided it was time to start including Matthew in the baking fun.  I probably could have started sooner, but now was as good a time as any.  He loved it! He was having such a good time mixing, pouring, adding ingredients- it made it even more fun for me.

Pouring into the bowl:
Mix the dry ingredients up good Matthew! 
Time to mix the wet ingredients: 
Getting the mini-muffin tray ready for the oven: 
The finished product: 
Mmm, delicious Apple Banana Muffins! (clicky for recipe)
(I threw some chopped walnuts on the top of 1/2 of them just for kicks)

Thanks to Weelicious for another great recipe I can feel good about feeding to my kid.
He loved them! Gobbled up 2 right away.

I also baked these yummy Carrot Snack Sticks (also clicky, also from the fabulous Weelicious website).
Matthew didn't help make these, but he sure did help eat them ("more cracker mama? More please?").  They are so simple, yet, so so addictive! I had to put them in a container in the pantry to keep myself from eating the whole batch at once.


And there you have it! A wonderful afternoon in the kitchen with my boy.


1 comment:

Miranda said...

Wonderful! Lily loves to help cook/bake too but she throws a holy fit when her job is done. *sigh*