Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Attempting a blog from the good old iPhone, hoping to pass at least a few minutes of this long ride home. Not sure how long it'll last, the typing gets old after the first sentence or two.

It's 2011 folks! Hard to believe. My sweet little boy is exactly 2 and 1/2 years old today. This just seems crazy- 6 short months and he'll be 3. It's so fun watching him grow and change.

We had a great week in Florida- went to my parents house for Christmas and Mike's parents house for New Years.   There's no way I can recap the entire week, so instead, here are a few of  my favorite things from the week:

- having a kid who travels so well. We are so lucky he is fabulous in the car, considering we've already clocked over 25 hours driving, and are in the process of the last 9 hours.

- spending Christmas with my family. Both of my brothers were there, and I was simply in heaven getting to spend time all together, it is so rare. My family is made of truly special people.

- seeing Matthew's face light up whenever his cousins walked in the house! He loves playing with them, and I love watching it. I want him to grow up knowing who his extended family is, even if we live far apart.

- Polish Christmas Eve!!!

- Playing board games with my family and laughing so hard my cheeks hurt, and my eyes cried. I love that no matter how different we all are, we can still have so much fun together.

- Seeing how much Matthew loves to sleep in a big boy bed. Time to change the crib to bed!

- Matthew finally understanding what presents are, and getting so excited to open one when one landed in front of him. Also, knowing that we did not go overboard, or spend beyond our means, and were still able to make a special holiday for our son.

- Japanese food on New Year's Eve. Mike's mom made the most amazing spread for us to enjoy, including "long noodles", for a long and smooth life.

I'm really looking forward to 2011. Sure, I feel it can only go up from here, as I had a lot of pretty crappy things happen in the last year.  Overall I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.  The good and the bad certainly shape my life, and make me who I am today, but there are a lot of things I'm ok with having behind me now. I can say they happened "last year". This is it people- 2011 is MY year! It's all about attitude anyway, isn't it? I have some very positive goals to focus on, all attainable and meant to better my life. I don't like "resolutions", as I feel so many times they just end in perceived failure, as I tend to be hard on myself. But goals, I can handle goals- they're what life's all about anyway when you think about it. Keeps us from being stagnant.  This iPhone is keeping me from making sense.

So anyway, Happy New Year- may all my 5 or 6 readers be filled with blessings and happiness this year! Love you all!

No comments: