Friday, March 11, 2011

Catch-up

Playing catch-up here.  Seems I've gotten quite behind!

So, first some pictures I forgot to post last week:

Breakfast time!

I hosted a very fun Bunco night 2 Fridays ago.  12 ladies, wine, food, some dice...good times!

All set up and waiting for the girls to arrive:

Matthew and I got a new bike and toddler bike seat.  We love it!
Matthew helped me make pizza:
Here's where I want to tell you a story.  If you know me, you might know that I was fairly adamant about not taking the sneak approach to healthy food and vegetables.  I fell into the popular belief of well that does nothing to help him learn to LIKE to eat those foods.  I truly believed that.  And then I had a kid.  A toddler who no matter what I try (and yes, he's had green beans on his plate no less then 30 times, and various other vegetables), he is picky.  Picky and stubborn.  And yes, I still want him to learn to like those foods, but for crap's sake, I also want to get a few morsels of something healthy into the kid.  You go ahead and call that bad parenting.  I call it desperation. 

Thus, we rolled out a homemade whole wheat pizza dough.  We mixed a packet of organic butternut squash baby food and a packet of peas/green beans baby food, into our pizza sauce.  We spread said sauce on pizza and covered with turkey pepperoni and cheese.  I did not sneak per se....Matthew helped; he saw the whole thing.  And picky little toddler ate HALF of the pizza for dinner that night. (and yes, I've reconsidered buying Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook)

I will also tell you that in smoothie form, I can add at least a cup (a WHOLE cup) of spinach leaves to it and he loves it.  I've decided smoothies need to be served daily.  He gets yogurt, milk, fruit, spinach, and sometimes some other pureed vegetables in fun drink form and guess what? He loves it. Booyah.

Also, when I put the yogurt into the smoothie, well, it avoids this:

"What? I'm not doing anything."

"Oh yes, yes I am.  And it is FUN!"

No comments: