Tuesday, January 29, 2008

With 99% certainty....It's a......

BOY!!!

:-)

Ok, so the doctor just did a quick ultrasound today, since I get the indepth ones when I go to the specialist. I asked if he could tell the sex and he shows me...and points..and shows me...and tells me what I'm looking at. And nothing. I see nothing. I have never been very good at seeing things in ultrasounds, but come on?!? Anyway, HE saw "gonads" and says with 99% certainty that it's a boy. I however am a skeptic--I'm hoping when I go to the specialist next, and get to see more, I'll really believe it (not that any of this will stop me from immediately buying lots of cute boy clothes!)

I am really starting to look pregnant. And this happened OVERNIGHT. Like went to bed with my normal flabby belly, woke up yesterday with this big round hard belly. Really a very odd feeling. But there you have it. It was no surprise at the ultrasound to see how much it (ok, he?) had grown, since my belly seems to be showing it.

My blood pressure was fantasic today, probably the lowest mine has ever been! But, I've had some high days and some symptoms of high blood pressure, so of course, we continue to watch it. He gave me a nice run down of what preclampsia symptoms are and told me "I know you're going to get this". I fully intend to prove him wrong. You just wait and see...

Awww....daddy will have a little man to watch football with! :-) :-) We are so HAPPY!!!

3 comments:

Erika said...

YAY!!! Congrats on the little boy. I want belly pics :)

wish_on_a_star said...

YAY!!!! I'm a bit partial, but I am loving my little boy to death. They are so sweet and snuggly and there are tons of cute boy clothes these days. I am so excited that Cass will have a another boy to meet and know! Keep us posted on EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

OH how exciting! A little boy! I don't know much about stinky 'ol boys, but I do know they are SWEET!
:)

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him!