One thing you will find when pregnant, is everyone's got advice and opinions. I take most of it with pleasure--it is true that I've never been pregnant before, so advice is always a good thing. But, if one more person says to me, "you better get all the sleep you can now, because pretty soon you won't get any", I promise, I just may smack them. Not for any good reason, I mean I assume people have good intentions. But, how could they know that I've always had a bit of a sleeping insomnia problem that is escalated, it seems, by hormones? Or that my husband snores loudly? Or that when he's not snoring the dog is? Or that some nights my husbands work phone rings several times with issues he has to fix? Or that as the belly gets bigger, sleeping is actually not very comfortable at all?
See, I would LOVE more than anything to get a good nights sleep, but it doesn't happen very often, so PLEASE!! I KNOW I should catch up now....I just can't make any promises! Ok? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My absolute favorite comment with the first pregnancy was 'Your life is going to change'. No, really? Am I going to have to feed it? Because that might be too much work for me. I got the 'you think you're tired now' comment A LOT and then when I dared to say I was "fine" - I got "man, I wish my pregnancy was fine" and then tales of horror (including one lady who insisted on telling me about how her vagina felt like it might fall out the last few weeks). It gets NO better with the child born. Then EVERYONE is a parental expert. "Oh - just wait until he does this or - just wait until this stage... my kid was a nightmare. Blah blah blah". Give me a break people! Every person has a different pregnancy and a different child. Ugh. Everyone is an expert! SOOOO annoying!
Amen sista! Amen.
Post a Comment