Monday, February 18, 2008

Wow that's a lot of stuff!

Mike and I spent a lot of time at Babies-r-Us yesterday doing a registry. We actually debated doing one, but in the end figured if nothing else, it will serve as a very thorough shopping list for us to use (plus, we figured, put it all on there. At the end, if things are still there you get 10% off anything on the registry---we may be doing some last minute shopping!) If you've never been, you could get lost in there. Really. Overwhelming is an understatement. We did however survive, and I don't think we put TOO much frivelous stuff on there (well, except maybe the millions of onsies we felt like adding! Oh and bedding that is WAY too expensive and everything I said I didn't want in a nursery....but those frogs and ducks...who could resist???)

My plan is to start slowly buying stuff so that it's not too much at once. I guess I'll wait until the nursery is no longer a workout room- right now there's no place to put anything anyway!

One thing, we had a LOT more fun doing this than our wedding registry. The wedding one was like "oh, maybe we should get a new blender? Ok, yes new blender". This one was more like "we don't have ANYTHING for a baby in our home! He can't sleep on the floor."

Fun times, fun times.

No comments: