Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On the road again...

No joke. After only 10 months in Southern Cali, we are moving on. My awesome husband was offered a great opportunity within his company (although a different division than he's worked for the past 10 years), and we are moving AGAIN. We will be settling in to middle-of-nowhere Oregon in the next few weeks. The reason for the rush (obviously) is my pregnancy and the fact that it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to move much later than 30 weeks. We are excited about this move and looking forward to the change. It's a fairly small town, but only 20-30 minute drive to a nice area of Washington, where there's shopping and more importantly, a good hospital. (And did I mention...50 or so wineries?!?!) The best news yet--I will get to be a stay-at-home mom and take care of my baby myself!! Don't get me wrong, I have never been opposed to being a working mom, I did afterall work really hard to get to where I am, however it will be so wonderful to get to spend the time with my son and hopefully be as awesome a mom as mine was! And since I've not been loving my job since we moved out here, giving my 2 weeks notice this past monday was GLORIOUS! :-)
I'm sure I'll have more updates soon! Pray for a safe, quick move and easy transition to a new doctor for me and baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got my message! Congratulations to Mike (and you)! I'm proud of him, but I still can't believe my sunny, California vacation has now become OREGON vacation! Although Oregon is beautiful, and if there is wine, you and I will be just fine! :)
Love you, Lynnie! Keep me posted on the move...I know it must be stressful to do it so fast and pregnant!!
love,
Kel

wish_on_a_star said...

Wow Lynn! Congrats on the move and getting to stay home with your sweet boy. :) Wonderful news!!! You look great in your pics! Can't wait to see the boy's sweet face and learn his name! Miss you tons.