Wednesday, June 11, 2008

With a belly this size, who could sleep?

Well, it's finally here. I am at the point in pregnancy where I can't do a darn thing to get comfortable at night. Don't get me wrong, lack of sleep and discomfort have been my two best friends for a while now, however last night I realized it is just NOT possible to get comfortable. Left side-no. Right side- no. Pillow here, pillow there. Ouchie. Side note, it is also quite possibly comic relief to watch me TRY to get up from the chair or couch. Seems like it takes hours.

Mike had to go out of town for work today and will return tomorrow night. He was also gone Monday night. It's lonely when you sit around all day by yourself and then also have no company at night! Boo! He was pretty funny though- before he left he lectured my belly (well, ok, the baby) to "stay in there until I get back." We have a good baby, I know he'll listen to daddy. Actually, if I haven't mentioned it before, baby is quite calmed by daddy. He can be in there driving me completely bonkers with hard kicks and wiggles, and all Mike has to do is come over, put his hands on my belly, and give a little pep talk. Calms him right down. (ahem...I think we have a winner for who will have to put him back to sleep in the middle of the night.)

OB appointment yesterday went well. Baby continues to rock the NST's. My doctor refers to me as his "problem child"...it's an endearing term, really. Yesterday he was walking from his office with a little piece of paper in his hand. He is on vacation for a few days starting today and I think he was making notes for the on-call docs. Anywho, he shows it to me real quick and it's got "Problem children" written across the top and he tells me, "see? you're my number 1!" Aww, how lucky am I? In the appointment he mentioned how happy he is that I will be 36 weeks this week and that once I get to 37 he'll probably consider ending my misery (his words, not mine) and inducing me. He just thinks will all the issues I have it would be better to just get baby out of there. Sounds good to me. SO, hopefully at my appointment next week (Monday) we will discuss this further.

My blood sugars (knock on wood) have been lower the last 2 days. Perhaps the medicine just takes a while to work, I don't know. In fact, today it got so low it was too low- I got all sweaty all over and shaky and really bad feeling. I was pretty sure this was what "low" felt like, so I check my sugar and sure enough. I downed 1/2 a coke (ok, not the healthiest, but it was there) and I was good to go within minutes. (Note to self: now that the medicine appears to be working better, do NOT skip any snack times.)

I had yesterday and today completely off, so I am loaded up on 3 girly movies to keep me entertained. Just finished 27 dresses. Cute movie. Fun and girly- perfect for a woman on bedrest. :-)

No comments: